Thriftier Vegan Cold Coffee
Last time I showed you how to make a healthier, thriftier vegan caramel frappuccino. This week I’m going to show you my secret no-guilt iced coffee drink. Since I suffer from migraines, I abstain from the chocolate. So, I’m going to show you how to make this with carob, however you could totally make this with raw cocoa as well. Also, one thing that has been super helpful in reducing my headaches and migraines is eliminating sugar from my diet. So I will be sweetening my frappuccino with stevia. The nice thing about carob is that it is already naturally sweet.
If you suffer from migraines, I highly recommend you check out the following books. My Migraine Miracle was a game changer for me: as was Grain Brain
So let’s get down to making our healthier, thriftier vegan, mocha frappuccino.
Healthier, Thriftier, Vegan Mocha Frappuccino Recipe:
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup of dandy blend coffee (2 generous tsp dandy blend mixed in 1 cup of boiling water, cooled)
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- For non-dairy milk recipes you could use Brazil Nut Milk: , Hazelnut Milk: or any non-dairy milk that you have on hand)
- 1 heaping tbsp. of carob powder (or cocoa powder)
- 10 drops of vanilla stevia (or 1 tbsp of agave nectar or honey)
- Blend all the ingredients in your blender and Enjoy.